OUFMC Research Division
Brown University, Providence, RI, 1984 – 1985
BS: University of Oklahoma, 1985 – 1988
MD: OUHSC, College of Medicine,1992 – 1996
Great Plains Family Practice Residency, 1996 – 1999
- Advanced Directives
- Palliative Care
- Evidence-based Medicine
- Patient empowerment
- Minimizing unhealthy behaviors
- Clinical and translational research
- Health informatics,
- Community-based research.
COMPLETED RESEARCH SUPPORT
ME-1403-11937 Nagykaldi (PI) 01/01/2015 – 12/31/2017
Development of a Patient-Directed Queries Network to Engage Patients and Prioritize Their Questions to Inform the PCORI Research Agenda
Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI)
In collaboration with a patient advisory board, a patient advocacy group, a community coalition, and three practice-based research networks, we will address gaps in patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR) methods in the areas of engagement and prioritization, focusing on longitudinal engagement between researchers and existing patient- and community-based organizations and use of value of information calculations. We will learn how these successful groups have achieved engagement and prioritized opportunities. We will then develop recommendations for enhancements.
1P30HS021644-01 Nagykaldi (PI) 09/01/2012 – 08/31/2017
Establishing the Coordinated Consortium of Networks (CoCoNet)
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
This initiative will create a formal, coordinated coalition of regional practice-based research networks called CoCoNet (the Coordinated Coalition of Networks) that will include a broad spectrum of practices, clinicians, and patients from 4 different parts of the country.
PUBLISHED JOURNAL ARTICLES – PEER REVIEWED:
- Wickersham E, Gowin M, Deen MH, Nagykaldi Z. Improving the Adoption of Advance Directives in Primary Care Practices. J Am Board Fam Med. Mar-Apr 2019;32(2):168-179.
- Stubbs C, Mattingly L, Crawford SA, Wickersham EA, Brockhaus JL, McCarthy LH. Do SSRIs and SNRIs reduce the frequency and/or severity of hot flashes in menopausal women. J Okla State Med Assoc. May 2017;110:272-4
- Nagykaldi Z, Dave A, Kristof C, Watts T, Utpala S, Wickersham E. Exploring and Improving Patient-Clinician Conversations During Annual Wellness Visits. J Am Board Fam Med. March-April 2017;30(2):161-169
- Madison S, Brown EA, Franklin R, Wickersham EA, McCarthy LH. Nasal saline or intranasal corticosteroids to treat allergic rhinitis in children. J Okla State Med Assoc. 2016;109 (4-5): 152-153. (PMCID4918463; PMID27328556)
- Jatala S, Fitzgerald S, Tietze P, Ramakrishnan K, McCarthy LH, Wickersham E. What are the recommended timing and screening modalities for women at higher risk of developing breast cancer? A Clin-IQ. Journal of Patient-Centered Research and Reviews 2015;2(1): 38-42
- Highlander SK, Wickersham EA, Garza O, Weinstock GM. Expression of the Pasteurella haemolytica leukotoxin is inhibited by a locus that encodes an ATP-binding cassette homolog. Infection and Immunity 1993; 61(9):3942-3951
- Silverman PM, Wickersham E, Rainwater S, Harris R. Regulation of the F plasmid tra Y promoter in Escherichia coli K12 as a function of sequence context. Journal of Molecular Biology 1991; 220(2):271-279
- Silverman PM, Wickersham E, Harris R. Regulation of the F plasmid traY promoter in Escherichia coli by host and plasmid factors. Journal of Molecular Biology 1991 218(1):119-128
- Silverman P, Wickersham E, Harris R. F plasmid tra Y promoter activity in E.coli is regulated by two separate mechanisms. Abstract presented at the 90th Annual Meeting of American Society for Microbiology, 1990, Washington, DC
- Wickersham EA. Atrial Fibrillation: The Facts. The Bulletin. Oklahoma County Medical Society 2016; 4th ed., vol. 89: 8-10