Salary is paid to each resident on a biweekly basis.
|First Year Residents
|Second Year Residents
|Third Year Residents
|Fourth Year Residents
- All residents are provided an educational fund
- Medical Knowledge Self-Assessment Program (MKSAP) print version or digital version purchased for all categorical residents during their intern year
- Free access to UpToDate
- Library privileges through the Robert M. Bird Health Sciences Library
- ACP membership provided by department
Please see the GME Policy and Procedure Manual for more information regarding insurance and other resident benefits.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to free and confidential counseling services
- 24-hour secured parking paid for by the department
- Two embroidered white coats provided
- Five sets of scrubs
- UpToDate access throughout the hospital
- Alphanumeric pagers
- Meal allocations at OUMC: $150 per quarter
- Meal allocations at VA: $100 per quarter
- 24-hour access to resident lounge
- Lunch provided at conference
All residents receive three weeks (15 business days) of vacation per year that can be taken in one or two week blocks. Vacation cannot be carried into the next academic year.
All residents receive 15 days of sick leave per year. Sick leave cannot be carried into the next academic year.
All residents who are members of the Oklahoma National Guard or any branch of the United States military or its reserve components are entitled to a leave of absence with pay for the first 30 regularly scheduled workdays of active military duty during any federal fiscal year (October 1 through September 30).