The University of Oklahoma Internal Medicine Residency Program's mission is to develop exceptional physicians and future leaders in healthcare. Our goal is to provide state of the art training in internal medicine while fostering an environment of professionalism, innovation, wellness, and scholarship. We endeavor to improve the lives of all Oklahomans, with a special focus on the healthcare needs of underserved populations.
- Upon completion of training, residents will be proficient general internists prepared to go directly into independent clinical practice or pursue additional subspecialty training if desired.
- Every resident will be given opportunities to pursue additional training in at least one of the following areas: medical education, clinical or basic science research, or health care administration. Residents will become future leaders in these areas at state and national levels.
- Residents will adopt a philosophy of lifelong learning as emulated by all faculty.
- The program will be organized around a culture of mentorship, collaboration, camaraderie, and wellness.
- Residents will play an integral role in the promotion and maintenance of health in our community – particularly in meeting the needs of the underserved population.