Endocrinology and Diabetes
- 1986 - 1994 Doctor of Medicine, Kazan State Medical University, Russia
- 1998 - 2001 Internal Medicine, Unity Health System, Rochester, NY
- 1994 - 1996 Internal Medicine, Kazan State Medical University, Russia
- 2001 - 2004 University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- Use of insulin-glucose clamps to measure insulin sensitivity, insulin secretion rates, and counter-regulatory hormone responses.
- Application of human study techniques (including use of radioactive isotopes, indirect calorimetry, and bioimpedance) for assessment of physiological responses to eating. Studies using these methods to assess efficacy of medications used in diabetes mellitus.
- Evaluation of efficacy and economic impact of Home TeleHealth modality (utilizing “HealthBuddy” monitor) in management of common chronic disease models with main focus on Diabetes Mellitus and Obesity.
Gosmanov AR, Connelly S, Lewis JB Jr, Gosmanov NR. Antihypertensive medications and the risk of incident type 2 diabetes: response to Taylor et al. Diabetes Care. 2006 Oct;29(10): 2334; author reply 2334-5.
Szoke, Gosmanov NR, Sinkin JC, Nihalani A, Fender AB, Cryer PE, Meyer C, Gerich JE. Effects of glimepiride and glyburide on glucose counterregulation and recovery from hypoglycemia. Metabolism 55:78-83, 2006.
Woerle HJ, Szoke E, Meyer C, Dostou JM, Wittlin SD, Gosmanov NR, Welle SL, Gerich JE. Mechanisms for abnormal postprandial glucose metabolism in type 2 diabetes. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 290:E67-E77, 2006.
Israelian Z, Gosmanov NR, Szoke E, Schorr M, Bokhari S, Cryer PE, Gerich JE and Meyer C. Increasing the decrement in insulin secretion improves glucagon responses to hypoglycemia in advanced type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care 28:2691-6, 2005.
Gosmanov NR, Szoke E, Israelian Z, Smith T, Cryer PE, Gerich JE and Meyer C. Role of the decrement in intraislet insulin for the glucagon response to hypoglycemia in humans. Diabetes Care 28:1124-31, 2005.
Pham T, Scofield H, Gosmanov NR. "Metabolic Consequences of Oral Glucosamine Supplement Intake in Non-Diabetic Adults" Abstract. American Diabetes Association, 65th Scientific Sessions. June 10-14, 2005, San Diego, CA. Diabetes, in Press, 2005.
Reviews and Invited Papers
Gosmanov NR,“Your Diabetes Health Care Team” Quarterly Newsletter in OKC VAMC Winter 2005-06.
Books Chapters and Manuscripts
Gerich J, Gosmanov NR: Pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes. Chapter in "Atlas of Diabetes". Skyler J, 2nd Edition. New York: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2002, pp. 71-82.