Complete a requisition form for each patient/specimen. Include billing information, as appropriate. Requisition forms are available from the Molecular Pathology Laboratory or can be downloaded.
Send appropriate specimen(s). Call the Molecular Pathology Laboratory at 405-271-5249 for information on specimens and/or refer to the requisition form and test-specific information sheet(s).
- For blood or bone marrow or other fluids:
- Place the labeled specimen tube(s) in a Ziploc bag with sufficient absorbent material to absorb all liquid
For slides or formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues:
- Placed labeled specimen in a Ziploc bag
- Place the bagged specimen in a crush-proof shipping container (e.g., Styrofoam box or mailing tube).
- For all perishable specimens (e.g., blood or bone marrow), ship with a cold pack in the container. Do not freeze.
- Slides and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues may require a cold pack in the warmer months.
- Fill the mailing container with loose packing (e.g., Styrofoam “peanuts” or shredded paper) to cushion the specimen while in transit.
- Place the completed requisition in a separate Ziploc bag and place this inside the mailing container.
- Label the outside of the mailing container appropriately to comply with DOT shipping regulations.
- Ship by express delivery service for Monday to Friday (non-holiday) delivery to:
Molecular Pathology Laboratory
Department of Pathology
940 Stanton L. Young Blvd.
Biomedical Sciences Building, Rm. 415
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
For additional information or questions please call the Molecular Pathology Laboratory at (405) 271-5249