Areas of research focus within the Department include:
- trauma in different populations (Oklahoma City bombing survivors, Katrina survivors, life-time trauma),
- stress and anxiety (in patients with various mental health problems, childhood obesity, and substance use disorders; residents of high-risk neighborhoods; and medical students),
- coping and resilience in children,
- the effects of chemotherapy on cognitive functioning in cancer patients, and neuropsychological functioning in neurological disease (dementia, Parkinson’s, epilepsy, cognition of normal aging), and
- responses to treatment and characteristics of patients with substance use disorders.
Terrorism and Disaster Center