One of the greatest rewards of today’s plastic and reconstructive surgery is the ability it gives us to take families from heartache to hope. For children suffering from a condition or injury that requires plastic or reconstructive surgery, we put advanced treatment and research in the hands of dedicated specialists for outcomes that can change lives.
Our access to groundbreaking research, including a craniofacial imaging research center that’s one of only a few of its kind in the world, gives us the capabilities to treat rare and unique conditions. For children with cleft palate and craniofacial conditions, we are home to the only comprehensive care team in the state.
Our plastic and reconstructive services include:
Cleft Lip & Cleft Palate Repair
• Primary and secondary repair of the cleft lip and cleft palate
• Maxillary and mandibular surgery for cleft palate
• Alveolar bone grafting for cleft palate
• Obstructive sleep apnea correction
Facial & Skull Surgery
• Complex craniofacial syndromes, including craniosynostosis and hemifacial microsomia
• Congenital asymmetry of the face
• Distraction osteogenesis for small upper and lower jaw and Pierre Robin syndrome
• Pharyngeal flap repair and pharyngoplasty for velopharyngeal incompetence for speech disorders
Other Birth Defects
• Microtia correction
• External ear abnormalities