- MD degree from The University of Virginia in 2013
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at University of Alabama at Birmingham 2013-2017
- Fellowship in Maternal-Fetal Medicine at University of Alabama at Birmingham 2017-2020
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2019 -present
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Board Eligible
Areas of Clinical Interest
- Complications of monochorionic twin pregnancies
- Spontaneous preterm birth
- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy
- Quality improvement and patient safety
Select Honors & Accomplishments:
- Chairman’s Award of Excellence, University of Alabama at Birmingham 2017
- AAGL Recognition of Excellence in Minimally-Invasive Gynecology, University of Alabama at Birmingham 2017
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine Award, University of Alabama at Birmingham 2016
- Excellence in Medical Student Education, University of Alabama at Birmingham 2014, 2016, 2017, 2020
- Becker DA, Dunn TN, Szychowski JM, Owen J. Mid-trimester cervical length screening: effect of poorly developed lower uterine segment on pregnancy outcome J Ultrasound Med 2021 (online ahead of print).
- Becker DA, Blanchard CT, Szychowski JM, Rogers SL, Brumfield CG, Subramaniam A. Resident operative vaginal delivery volume after educational curriculum implementation Am J Perinatol 2020; 37: 1296-1300.
- Sanjanwala AR, Jauk VC, Cozzi GD, Becker DA, Harper LM, Casey BC, Tita AT, Subramaniam A. Outcomes before and after adopting guidelines for expectant management of severe preeclampsia Am J Perinatol 2020 (online ahead of print).
- Becker DA, Szychowski JM, Kuper SG, Jauk VC, Wang MJ, Harper LM. Labor curve analysis of medically indicated early preterm induction of labor Obstet Gynecol 2019; 134: 759-64.
- Becker DA, Machemehl HC, Biggio JR, Siegel AM, Tita AT, Harper LM. Pregnancy outcomes of exacerbated chronic hypertension compared with superimposed preeclampsia Am J Perinatol 2019; 36: 872-8.
- Becker DA, Leath CA, Walters-Haygood CL, Smith BQ, Bevis KS. Utilization of an alternative docetaxel-based intraperitoneal chemotherapy regimen in patients with ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal carcinoma: a continued need for ovarian cancer patients Am J Clin Oncol 2019; 42: 12-6.
- Becker DA, Tang Y, Jacobs AP, Biggio JR, Edwards RK, Subramaniam A. Sensitivity of prenatal ultrasound for detection of trisomy 18 J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 2019; 32: 3716-22.
- Becker DA, Thomas ED, Gilbert AL, Boone JD, Straughn JM, Huh WK, Bevis KS, Leath CA, Alvarez RD. Improved outcomes with dose-dense paclitaxel-based neoadjuvant chemotherapy in advanced epithelial ovarian carcinoma Gynecol Oncol 2016; 142: 25-9.
- Subramaniam, A, Lees BF, Becker DA, Tang Y, Khan MJ, Edwards RK. Evaluation of human papillomavirus as a risk factor for preterm birth or pregnancy-related hypertension Obstet Gynecol 2016; 127: 233-40.