Medical Radiological Physics Graduate Program
- Medical Physics Residency, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Ph.D. in Radiological Sciences, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas
- B.S. in Electronic Engineering Technology / Physics, May 2001, The University of Texas and Texas Southmost College
American Board of Radiology - Therapy
- Chance Matthiesen, Tania De La Fuente Herman, Hardev Singh, Anthony Mascia, Michael Confer, Hilarie Simpson, Christine Higby, Abeer Arain, Sameer Keole, Terence Herman, Carl Bogardus, Yan D. Zhao, and Salahuddin Ahmad, A Dosimetric and Radiobiologic Comparison of 3D Conformal, IMRT, Rapid Arc VMAT, and Proton Therapy for the Treatment of Early Stage T1/T2 Glottic Laryngeal Cancer, Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology (2015) 221-228
- Tania De La Fuente Herman, Erich Schnell, Julie Young, Kim Hildebrand, Özer Algan, Elizabeth Syzek, Terence Herman, and Salahuddin Ahmad, Dosimetric comparison between IMRT delivery modes: step-and-shoot, sliding window and volumetric modulated arc therapy - for whole pelvis radiation therapy of intermediate to high risk prostate adenocarcinoma, Journal of Medical Physics 38 (2013) 165-172
- Chance Matthiesen, Spencer Thompson, Tania De La Fuente Herman, Salahuddin Ahmad and Terence Herman, The Use of Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) for Medically Inoperable Multiple Primary Lung Cancer, Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology 56 (2012) 561-566
- Tania De La Fuente Herman, Kerry Hibbitts, Terence Herman, Salahuddin Ahmad, Evaluation of pencil beam convolution and anisotropic analytical algorithms in stereotactic lung irradiation, Journal of Medical Physics Vol. 36, No. 4 (2011) 234-238
- Tania De La Fuente Herman, Salahuddin Ahmad, and Maria T. Vlachaki, Intensity modulated radiation therapy versus three dimensional conformal radiation therapy for treatment of high grade glioma: A radiobiological modeling study, Journal of X-Ray Science and Technology 18 (2010) 393-402
- Tania De La Fuente Herman, Heather Gabrish, Terence S. Herman, Maria T. Vlachaki, and Salahuddin Ahmad, Impact of tissue heterogeneity in stereotactic body radiation therapy treatment plans for lung cancer, Journal of Medical Physics 35 (2010) 170-173
- Tania de La Fuente Herman, Maria T. Vlachaki, Terence S. Herman, Kerry Hibbitts, Julie A. Stoner and Salahuddin Ahmad, Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) and Respiratory Gating in Lung Cancer: Dosimetric and Radiobiological Considerations, Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics 11 (2010) 158-169
- M. Vlachaki, I. Castellon, C. Leite, T. Perkins and S. Ahmad, Impact of Respiratory Gating Using 4-Dimensional Computed Tomography (4D-CT) on the Dosimetry of Tumor and Normal Tissues in Patients with Thoracic Malignancies, American Journal of Clinical Oncology 32 (2009) 262-268
Peer Reviewed Conference Proceedings and /or Book Chapters
- Dosimetric quality of partially loaded I-125 COMS eye plaques for practical placement on posterior tumors, Clara Ferreira, Chance Matthiesen, Brian Firestone, Salahuddin Ahmad, and Tania De La Fuente Herman, XIV Mexican Symposium on Medical Physics, Mexico City, Mexico, March 18-21, 2016, AIP Conf. Proc. 1747, 020002 (2016); http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4954089.
- Commissioning of a relative stopping power to Hounsfield unit calibration curve for a Mevion proton radiation treatment unit, Erich Schnell, Salahuddin Ahmad, and Tania De La Fuente Herman, XIV Mexican Symposium on Medical Physics, Mexico City, Mexico, March 18-21, 2016, AIP Conf. Proc. 1747, 110004 (2016); http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4954148.
- E. Schnell, Tania De La Fuente Herman, J. Young, K. Hildebrand, O. Algan, E. J. Syzek, T. S. Herman and S. Ahmad, Dosimetric Comparison of Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT), Step and Shoot and Sliding Window IMRT for Prostate Cancer, Oral presentation at the XII Mexican Symposium on Medical Physics, Oaxaca, Mexico, March 16-19, 2012, American Institute of Physics, AIP Conf Proc. 1494, 23-26, Melville, New York (2012).
- Hardev Singh, Tania De La Fuente Herman, Barry Showalter, Spencer Thompson, Elizabeth Syzek and Salahuddin Ahmad, Dosimetric Evaluation of PLATO and ONCENTRA Treatment Planning Systems for High Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy Gynecological Treatments, Proc. Of the XII Mexican Symposium on Medical Physics, Oaxaca, Mexico, March 16-18, 2012, American Institute of Physics, AIP Conf Proc. 1494, 70-72, Melville, New York (2012).