- MD degree from St. George’s University, Grenada in 2012
- MS degree in Biomedical Science from the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN in 2019
- Certificate in Clinical and Translational Sciences at the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 2019
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Mississippi Medical Center 2012-2016
- Fellowship in Maternal-Fetal Medicine at the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 2016-2019
- Obstetrics and Gynecology 2018-present
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Board Eligible
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology of Canada
Areas of Clinical Interest
- Preconception counseling
- First trimester anatomy ultrasound
- Chorionic villus sampling
- Maternal and fetal cardiac disease
- Genetic determinants of obstetric health
- Collaborative and consultative high-risk prenatal care
- Obesity related childhood outcomes
- Enhanced revocery in obstetrics
- Neonatal transition
Select Honors & Accomplishments:
- Faculty Teaching Award – University of Oklahoma, annually 2019-present
- Gold Humanism Award 2013-14
Bennett R, Mulla ZD, Parikh P, Hauspurg A, Razzaghi T. An imbalance-aware deep neural network for early prediction of preeclampsia. PLoS One 2022; 17:e0266042.
Kim S, King A, Parikh P, Sangtani A, Shazly S, Brodrick E, Thompson A. Optimizing post-cesarean opioid prescription practices at Mayo Clinic: a quality improvement initiative. Am J Perinatol 2022; 39:337-41.
Parikh, P, Kim S, Hathcock M, Torbenson VE, Raju R. Safety of salpingectomy at time of delivery. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 2019 (online ahead of print).
Narang K, Novoa VAN, Alrahmani L, Parikh P, Codsi E, Rose CH, et al. Management of complicated monochorionic twin gestations: an evidence based protocol. Obstet Gynecol Surv 2021; 76:541-9.
You K, Parikh P, Khandalavala K, Wicher S, Manlove LJ, Yang B, Roesler AM, Roos B, Teske JJ, Britt RD Jr, Pabelick CM, Prakash YS. Moderate Hyperoxia induces senescence in developing human lung fibroblasts. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 2019; 317:L525-L536.
Parikh P, Sunesara I, Singh Multani S, Patterson B, Lutz E, Martin JN Jr. Intra-incisional liposomal bupivacaine and its impact on post-cesarean analgesia: a retrospective study. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 2019; 32:966-970.
Parikh P, Wicher S, Khandalavala K, Pabelick CM, Britt RD Jr, Prakash YS. Cellular senescence in the lung across the age spectrum. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 2019; 316:L826-L842.
Parikh P, Britt RD Jr, Manlove LJ, et al. Hyperoxia-induced cellular senescence in fetal airway smooth muscle. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 2019; 61:51-60.
Parikh P, Blauwet L. Peripartum cardiomyopathy and preeclampsia: overlapping diseases of pregnancy. Curr Hypertens Rep 2018; 20:69.
Kim SJ, Parikh P, King AN, Marnach ML. Asymptomatic bacteriuria in pregnancy complicated by pyelonephritis requiring nephrectomy. Case Rep Obstet Gynecol 2018 Sep 19; 2018:8924823.