. Peking University Health Science Center, MD (2004)
. University of Alabama at Birmingham, PhD in Genetics (2010)
. University of Alabama at Birmingham, Postdoctoral research fellow in neurology (2013)
. University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency, Chief (2017)
. University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Surgical Pathology Fellowship (2018)
. University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology Fellowship (2019)
My clinical interests include histologic and molecular diagnosis of gastrointestinal neoplastic and nonneoplastic diseases and male urinogenital neoplastic diseases.
My research interests include gastrointestinal cancers including colon, gastric and pancreatic cancers and inflammatory bowel diseases. The novel biomarkers particularly the ones associated with drug response and prognosis are my research focuses. My research methods include basic research (through collaboration with basic research labs) and translational (morphologic analysis and special stain). Collaboration on projects are welcome!
- Tenglong Tang, Hamzah Abu-Sbeih, Weijie Ma, Yang Lu, Wenyi Luo, Wai Chin Foo, David M Richards, Daniel M. Halperin, Phillip S Ge, Yinghong Wang. Gastrointestinal injury related to antiangiogeness cancer therapy. Clinical Colorectal Cancer. [Epub ahead of print]. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 32284253.
- Hamzah Abu-Sbeih, Faisal S Ali, Ellie Chen, Niharika Mallepally, Wenyi Luo, Yang Lu, Wai Chin Foo, Wei Qiao, Pablo C Okhuysen, Javier Adachi, Ray Hachem, Mehmet Altan, Robert R Jenq, Yinghong Wang. Neutropenic enterocolitis: clinical features and outcomes. Diseases of the Colon and Rectum. 63(3):381-388 (2020). Cited in PubMed; PMID: 31842164.
- Hamzah Abu-Sbeih, Tenglong Tang, Faisal S Ali, Wenyi Luo, Sattva S Neelapu, Jason Westin, Pablo C Okhuysen, Wai Chin Foo, Jonathan L Curry, David Richard, Phillip Ge, Yinghong Wang. Gastrointestinal adverse events observed after chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy. American Journal of Clinical Oncology. 42(10):789-796 (2019). Cited in PubMed; PMID: 31478934.
- Tenglong Tang, Hamzah Abu-Sbeih, Wenyi Luo, Phillip Lum, Wei Qiao, Robert S. Bresalier, David M. Richards, Yinghong Wang. Upper gastrointestinal symptoms and associated endoscopic and histological features in patients receiving immune checkpoint inhibitors. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology. 4:5, 538-545 (2019). Cited in PubMed; PMID: 31079556.
- Hao Chi Zhang, Wenyi Luo, Yinghong Wang. Acute liver injury in the context of immune checkpoint inhibitor-related colitis treated with infliximab. Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer. 7, 47 (2019). Cited in PubMed; PMID: 30777137.
- Wenyi Luo, Wayne L. Hofstetter, Dongfeng Tan. Gastroesophageal junction Paneth cell carcinoma with extensive cystic and secretory features – case report and literature review. Diagn Pathol 14, 1 (2019). Cited in PubMed; PMID: 30621725.
- Wenyi Luo, Fedda Faysal, Dongfeng Tan. CDH1 gene and hereditary diffuse gastric cancer syndrome: molecular and histological alterations and implications for diagnosis and treatment. Front. Pharmacol. 9:1421. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 0568591.
- Hamzah Abu-Sbeih, Faisal S. Ali, Dana Alsaadi, Joseph Jennings, Wenyi Luo, Zimu Gong, David M. Richards, Aline Charabaty, Yinghong Wang. Outcomes of vedolizumab therapy in patients with immune checkpoint inhibitor–induced colitis: a multi-center study. Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer. 6, 142 (2018). Cited in PubMed; PMID: 30518410.
- Hamzah Abu-Sbeih, Faisal S. Ali, Wenyi Luo, Wei Qiao, Gottumukkala S. Raju, Yinghong Wang. Importance of endoscopic and histological evaluation in the management of immune checkpoint inhibitor-induced colitis. Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer. 6, 95 (2018). Cited in PubMed; PMID: 30253811.
- Prachi Matsye, Lei Zheng, Ying Si, Soojin Kim, Wenyi Luo, David K. Crossman, Preston E. Bratcher, Peter H. King. HuR promotes the molecular signature and phenotype of activated microglia: Implications for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and other neurodegenerative diseases. Glia. 2017 Jun;65(6):945-963. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 28300326.
- Wenyi Luo, Zhongxing Yu. Calreticulin (CALR) mutation in myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs)-a minireview. Stem Cell Investigation. 2015 Aug; 31: 2-16. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 27358884.
- Wenyi Luo, Sarah W Lindley, Peter H Lindley, Gregory A Krempl, Raja R Seethala, Kar-Ming Fung. Mammary analog secretory carcinoma of salivary gland with high-grade histology arising in hard palate, report of a case and review of literature. International Journal of Clinical Experimental Pathology. 2014 Dec; 7(12): 9008-9022. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 25674280.
- Liang Lu, Lei Zheng, Ying Si, Wenyi Luo, Gwendal Dujardin, Thaddaeus Kwan, Nicholas
R. Potochick, Sunnie R. Thompson, David A. Schneider and Peter H. King. Hu Antigen R (HuR) is a Positive Regulator of RNA Binding Proteins TDP-43 and FUS/TLS: Implications for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2014 Sep; 19(289): 31792-31804. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 25239623.
- James M. Daubenspeck, Jeffrey R. Bolland, Wenyi Luo, Warren L. Simmons and Kevin Dybvig. Identification of Exopolysaccharide deficient Mutants of Mycoplasma pulmonis. Molecular Microbiology. 2009 Jun; 5(72): 1235-1245. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 19432800.
- Wenyi Luo, Anh-Hue T. Tu, Zuhua Cao, Huilan Yu and Kevin Dybvig. Identification of an Isoschizomer of the HhaI DNA Methyltransferase in Mycoplasma arthritidis. FEMS Microbiology Letter. 2009 Jan; 2(290): 195-198. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 19054074.
- Wenyi Luo, Huilan Yu, Trenton R. Schoeb, Michele Marron and Kevin Dybvig. Association of Mycoplasma arthritidis Mitogen with Lethal Toxicity but Not with Arthritis in Mice. Infection and Immunity. 2008 Nov; 11(76): 4989-4998. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 18779340.