OUFMC Research Division
HARVARD UNIVERSITY, Cambridge, MA
BA (cum laude), Chemistry. 1993
BA (cum laude), Asian Studies (Social Science). 1993
YALE UNIVERSITY, New Haven, CT
MPH, Health Policy and Administration with minor in Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, School of Medicine.
Thesis: Reproductive Health of Adolescents: An Evaluation of Knowledge, Access, Behavior and Practice in Family Planning. 1996
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, Berkeley, CA
MA, Political Science. Sub-field: Public Organization, Administration, and Policy.
Thesis: Responding to Change: Implementation and Reconfiguration of Service Delivery in Community Mental Health Centers. 2002
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, Berkeley, CA
PhD, Health Services and Policy Analysis. Concentration: Organizations
Dissertation: Shared Decision-Making: The Selection Process of Treatment Options and Its Implications for Women with Breast Carcinoma. 2002
- The National Institute of Mental Health Pre-doctoral Fellowship, 2000-2001
- The Graduate Opportunity Fellowship, University of California, 1998-2000
- The Weinerman Memorial Fellowship, Yale University, 1995
- Carl and Lily Pforzheimer Fellowship, Harvard University, 1993-1994
- Ford Research Fellowship, Harvard University, 1991-1992
06/2020 - 05/2024
PI: A. Chou
Heartland Regional Genetics Network.
Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
06/2021 - 05/2023
Site PI: A. Chou
Community Engagement and Capacity Building to Advance Health Literacy in Oklahoma City.
Office of Minority, Department of Health and Human Services - subaward with the Oklahoma City County Health Department
Role: Site PI
06/2021 - 05/2023
Site PI: K. Finnell
National Initiative to Address COVID-19 Health Disparities Among Populations at High-Risk and Underserved, Including Racial and Ethnic Minority Populations and Rural Communities
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - subaward with the Oklahoma City County Health Department
03/2021 - 02/2022
PI: A. Wendelboe
Expanding COVID-19 Testing and Wrap-around Services Among Vulnerable Populations
07/2018 - 06/2023
PI: Z. Nagykaldi
Tribally-engaged Approaches to Lunch Cancer Screening (TEALS)
National Cancer Institute (NCI)
07/2018 - 06/2023
PI: D. Akins
Oklahoma IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (OK-INBRE)
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Select Honors & Accomplishments:
- Certificate of Superior Service, AHRQ Primary Care Practice-based Research Networks (PBRN) Peer-Reviewed Manuscript Contest, 2013
- Delta Omega Honorary Public Health Society, Xi Chapter, 2009
- The Derryberry Scholarship, University of California, 2001
- The Michelman Scholarship in Chemistry, Harvard University, 1992-1993
- Sedani AE, Davis OC, Clifton SC, Campbell JE, Chou AF. Facilitators and barriers to implementation of lung cancer screening: A framework driven systematic review. Journal of the National Cancer Institute 2022. DOI: 10.1093/jnci/djac154
- Chou AF, Hammon D, Akins DR. Impact of the Oklahoma IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence research support and mentoring program for early-stage faculty. Advances in Physiology Education 2022. DOI: 10.1152/advan.00075.2021
- Graber CJ, Simon AR, Zhang Y, Goetz MB, Jones MM, Butler JM, Chou AF, Glassman PA. Performance of infectious diseases specialists, hospitalists, and other internal medicine physicians in antimicrobial case-based scenarios: Potential impact of antimicrobial stewardship programs at 16 Veterans' Affairs medical centers. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 2022: 1-6. DOI: 10.1017/ice.2022.100
- Wendelboe AM, Kim SE, Kinney S, Cuellar AE, Salinas L, Chou AF. Cost-Benefit Analysis of Allowing Additional Time in Cleaning Hospital Contact Precautions Rooms. Hospital Topics. July-Sept 2021;99 (3):130-139. doi: 10.1080/00185868.2021.1873083
- Chou AF, Duncan AR, Hallford G, Kelley DM, Dean LW. Barriers and strategies to integrate medical genetics and primary care in underserved populations: a scoping review. J Community Genet. July 2021;12(3):291-309. doi: 10.1007/s12687-021-00508-5
- Lust O, Chongsuwat T, Lanham E, Chou AF, Wickersham E. Does exercise prevent gestational diabetes mellitus in pregnant women? A Clin-IQ. Journal of Patient Centered Research and Reviews. Summer 2021;8(3):281-285. doi: 10.17294/2330-0698.1811
- Kooner T, Varughese A, Wendelboe AM, Wickersham EA, Chou AF. In patients with chronic migraines, is Botox therapy more effective than placebo in reducing frequency and severity of headaches? - Clin-IQ. Journal of the Oklahoma Medical State Association. May-June 2021; 114(3): 114-117
- Taber P, Weir C, Butler JM, Graber CJ, Jones MM, Madras-Kelly K, Zhang Y, Chou AF, Samore MH, Goetz MB, Glassman PA. Social dynamics of a population-level dashboard for antimicrobial stewardship: A qualitative analysis. Am J Infect Control. Jan. 2021. doi: 10.1016/j.ajic.2021.01.015
- Graber CJ, Jones MM, Goetz MB, Madaras-Kelly K, Zhang Y, Butler JM, Weir C, Chou AF, Youn SY, Samore MH, Glassman PA. Decreases in Antimicrobial Use Associated With Multihospital Implementation of Electronic Antimicrobial Stewardship Tools. Clinical Infect Dis. August 2020; 71(5): 1168-1176.
- Li J, Gragert D, Wickersham E, Chou AF. In patients with patellar tendinopathy, do platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections result in lower pain scores, in comparison to common modalities? J Okla State Med Assoc. May/June 2020; 113(3): 117-120.
- Chou AF, Wickersham E, Bratzler DW, Drevets D, Wendelboe AM. Is antibody testing for COVID-19 in the general population a useful diagnostic tool? J Okla State Med Assoc. May/June 2020; 113(3): 98-106.
- Chou A, Li J, Homco J, Chen X, Nagykaldi Z, Mold J, Duffy D, Crawford S, Stoner J. Healthy Hearts for Oklahoma: impact of implementing quality improvement intervention bundle on cardiovascular care. Implementation Science. May 2020; 15
- Ford L, Chou A, Zhao D, Garwe T, Homco J, Duffy D, Stoner J. Comparing modeling approaches for stepped-wedge cluster randomized trials as applied to d&l research in community and practice settings. Implementation Science. May 2020; 15
- Wendelboe AM, Miller A, Drevets D, Salinas L, Miller EJ, Jackson D, Chou A, Raines J. Tabletop exercise to prepare institutions of higher education for an outbreak of COVID-19. J Emerg Manag. March-April 2020; 18(2): S1-20.
- Wendelboe AM, Miller A, Drevets D, Salinas L, Miller EJ, Jackson D, Chou A, Raines J. Tabletop exercise to prepare institutions of higher education for an outbreak of COVID-19. J Emerg Manag. March-April 2020; 18(2): 183-184.
- Montes B, Sosa J, Wickersham E, Chou AF. Clin-IQ. Does restricting or eliminating caffeine consumption improve fetal outcomes of pregnancy? J Okla State Med Assoc. Jan/Feb 2020; 113(1): 12-15.
- Chou AF, Hammon D, Akins DR. Impact and Outcomes of the Oklahoma IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence Summer Undergraduate Research Program. J Microbiol Biol Educ. 2019; 20(3):
- Wendelboe AM, Mathew R, Chongswuat T, Rainwater E, Wendelboe MA, Wickersham E, Chou AF. Is There Less Opioid Abuse in States Where Marijuana Has Been Decriminalized, Either for Medicinal or Recreational Use? A Clin-IQ. J Patient Cent Res Rev. Fall 2019; 6(4): 267-273
- Chou AF, Mulvihill J, Kaye C, Mann S, Williams MS, Williamson L. Developing a genetic services assessment tool to inform quality improvement efforts in state genetic service delivery. Genet Med. April 2019; 21(4): 955-964
- Chou AF, Graber CJ, Zhang Y, et al. Specifying an implementation framework for Veterans Affairs antimicrobial stewardship programmes: using a factor analysis approach. J Antimicrob Chemother. Sept. 2018;73(9):2559-66.