Alumni Awards are presented annually at the OU College of Medicine Reunion Dinner held each spring. Awards are presented for Physician of the Year in Private Practice and Physician of the Year in Academic Medicine. Individuals may also honored as a Friend of Medicine.
Information regarding eligibility requirements and the nomination process can be found below. All nominations should be submitted to the College of Medicine Alumni Office no later than September 1. If you have questions regarding the nomination process or have a nomination and need assistance gathering the required information, please contact us at OUCOMalumni@ouhsc.edu or 405-271-2353.
Physician of the Year Awards:
The OU College of Medicine Distinguished Alumnus Award recognizes graduates and friends of the College whose careers demonstrate significant accomplishments in academic medicine, medical research or clinical practice, or remarkable service to patients, students and communities. These individuals bring honor to the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine through their admirable character and accomplishments.
Amicus Medicinae – Friend of Medicine Award:
Presented annually, the Amicus Medicinae award recognizes outstanding individuals, who while not graduates of the College of Medicine, have made significant contributions to the medical profession and/or supported the goals and mission of the College of Medicine or the College of Medicine Alumni Association.
- All living MD graduates of the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine are eligible.
- Nominees for the Friend of Medicine Award need not be graduates of the College of Medicine.
- Completed Alumni Awards Nomination Form
- A letter of nomination stating in detail why you believe the candidate should be considered for an alumni award.
- Nominees detailed CV/Resume listing accomplishments, background, awards, etc. (Not required for Friend of Medicine nomination)
- Any other relevant information the committee may find helpful in the selection process.
- Optional: Additional letters of support (Limit of 3).
Nomination materials should be submitted to the OUCOM Office of Alumni & Development by September 1. Please mail or email:
OU College of Medicine Alumni Association
Attn: Lindsey Manning, Director of Alumni
1105 N. Stonewall Avenue, Suite 162
Oklahoma City, OK 73117