Parent Page: Prospective Students id: 21428 Active Page: College Credit Outside USid:21430

Instructions for Applicants earning College Credits Outside of the U.S.

Step 1Have any international transcripts evaluated by WES or ECE.  You should have the Course-by-Course Report and WES ICAP package when going through WES, and the Course-by-Course Report when going through ECE. (Click Here) for WES and (Here) for ECE.

Step 2.  Determine if you need to take the GRE. The GRE is waived if you have a Master’s Degree or higher. Degrees evaluated by WES or ECE will need to be equivalent to a Master's Degree or higher for the GRE to be waived. If you do not meet that requirement then you will need to take the GRE. 

Step 3.  Determine if you need to take the TOEFL.  Click HERE for detailed information on the TOEFL.  All October 1 deadline requirements still apply for those who have to meet the TOEFL requirement. You have to submit the TOEFL by October 1 or have an approved waiver in your file by October 1. To view the OKC Programs TOEFL requirements, please click HERE and view the TOEFL waiver chart. Regardless of where you fall on the TOEFL waiver chart, you can submit a waiver at anytime during the application process.Please note that TOEFL results are only good for two years, and the official scores have to be submitted to the Office of Admissions and Records.  Copies are not accepted. Contact Debbie Shell in the Office of Admissions and Records at 405-271-2359 for questions regarding the TOEFL. To request a TOEFL waiver, please click HERE. Once redirected, scroll to the very bottom of the page.

Step 4.  Attend an Advising Session if you have not already done so.  Proceed with the Physician Associate application process.  Example:  complete online application, submit resume, 3 letters of recommendation, personal statement, any additional transcripts, and so on.  Please refer to the website for a full list of Admission Requirements.