1. Completion of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university before matriculation.
2. Documentation of the following – Overall college cumulative GPA of a minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, completion of all prerequisite coursework with a cumulative GPA of 3.0, and completion of all science prerequisite coursework with a cumulative GPA of 3.0. Scoring will be assigned on a weighted scale. Applicants are selected for interviews based on their academic performance.
3. Patient care experience is preferred to ensure that applicants recognize the physical and psychological demands of the PA profession and appreciate the challenges and rewards of being a health care professional. While there is no minimum requirement, consideration is given to applicants with health-related experience, patient care experience, shadowing hours, and volunteer hours. Online shadowing will no longer be accepted. CASPA experience-type definitions are located on this website.
4. Three letters of recommendation - One letter is preferred to be from one of these specific Health Care Providers: (Physician Associate (PA), Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), or Nurse Practitioner (NP).
5. A personal statement expressing interest in becoming a Physician Associate must be submitted in the CASPA application.
6. The Casper assessment allows applicants to demonstrate their unique personal and professional strengths, providing programs with insights into critical personal and professional characteristics fairly and reliably. Learn more about Casper.
7. For your application to be processed, we must receive the following items by September 1st: