The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center utilizes ERAS and the NRMP for the selection of our residents. Please refer to the policies of the NRMP as a tool during the application and interviewing process (http://www.nrmp.org/policies/)
Before extending an invitation to interview, we must have:
- ERAS Common Application Form (CAF)
- Personal Statement
- Official Medical School Transcripts
- Medical School MSPE
- Three Letters of Reference
- Eligible for Oklahoma licensure
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Scores (or equivalent), reporting for Step 1, Step 2, and CS.
International Medical Graduates (in addition):
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Status Report
- Eligible for a J-1 VISA, if sponsorship is needed
- Our department supports an initial H-1B clinical visa for residency under certain circumstances. An applicant must have taken USMLE STEP 3 to be considered. The applicant file will be reviewed by the Graduate Medical Education office and Immigration Services Office, and receive approval by the GME Visa Committee in order to be eligible.
We will consider an applicant who has not received scores for Step 2 or CS as long as the results will be available by the time of ranking.
An applicant must have taken and passed Step 1, Step 2, and CS to be considered for ranking. Please note that anyone who has failed any part of the USMLE (or equivalent) more than three times is not eligible to receive an Oklahoma medical license.
Please direct inquiries to:
Residency Program Coordinator
Department of Pathology
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
940 S.L. Young Blvd, BMSB 451
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Ph: 405-271-2451 Fax: 405-271-2328