We provide excellent, compassionate, evidence-based maternal-fetal care; teach current and future providers; and conduct research that improves the
The fundamental goal of the training program in Maternal-Fetal Medicine at OU is to train physicians in the clinical, research, and academic principles required to:
- Have advanced knowledge of obstetrical, medical, and surgical complications of pregnancy and their effects on both mother and fetus
- Be skilled with prenatal ultrasound and prenatal diagnosis
- Care for directly or function as a consultant to obstetricians caring for women with complicated pregnancies
- Have advanced knowledge of newborn adaptation
- Function effectively in the arena of basic and clinical research in MFM in order to advance the field and remain current despite practicing in a rapidly changing field.