Gennady Slobodov, M.D., FACS
Residency Program Director
920 Stanton L. Young BLVD, WP 2140
Oklahoma City, OK, 73104
Dr. Slobodov is a board-certified urologist with a subspecialty certification in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery by the American Board of Urology. He specializes in the treatment of female urology/reconstruction, male urologic reconstruction and urologic issues related to neurogenic bladder.
After graduating from the University of Oklahoma with a degree in chemical engineering, Dr. Slobodov desired to pursue his medical training form the University of Oklahoma and this culminated with his urology residency training at OU. Dr. Slobodov always had a passion for teaching and joined the faculty practice of the OU Health Sciences Center in July of 2005.
Dr. Slobodov is married and has two children.
His practice focuses on female urology - specifically in urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, pelvic floor dysfunction and mesh complications and his male urology focuses on urinary reconstruction, urethral stricture disease, prior hypospadias failures and complications of radiation therapy for prostate cancer. Within these two he performs a significant amount of urinary diversions.
He has a special interest in transitioning adolescents with congenital urologic problems to adult urologic care. Together with Pedicatric Urologics Dr. Dominic Frimberger, the REACH Clinic was established to accommodate that goal. The adult neurogenic bladder clinic specializes in treating patients with spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, spina bifida, cerebrovascular accident (CVA)/stroke, and other conditions that result in neurogenic bladder. The REACH Clinic team is committed to providing solutions for problems secondary to neurogenic bladder, including retention, incontinence, urinary tract infections, hydronephrosis stones (bladder, kidney, ureter), and bladder cancer.
Dr. Slobodov's Clinics:
Neurogenic Bladder and Bowel Clinic
- Specializes in urologic issues in
- Spinal Cord Injury Patients
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Spina Bifida
- Cerebrovascular Accident
- Services offered in the clinic: Video urodynamics, cystoscopy, ultrasound, fluoroscopy, renal ultrasound, bladder ultrasound, prostate ultrasound, percutaneous tibial nerve stimulator
- Commonly performed procedures: Bladder augmentation, appendicovesicostomy, lleovesicostomy, antegrade continent enema, complex urethral closures in males and females, artificial urinary sphincter, advance sling, female mid-urethral sling, botox injections, autologous fascial sling.
- Problems treated secondary to neurogenic bladder: Retention, incontinence, urinary tract infections, hydronephrosis, stones (bladder, kidney, ureter), bladder cancer.
- Specializes in:
- Post hysterectomy vesicovaginal fistula
- Post radiation vesicovaginal fistula
- Urethral erosion
- Urethral/bladder mesh erosion
- Vaginal mesh erosion
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Ureteral injuries
- Ureteral strictures
- Ureterovaginal fistulas
- Urethral diverticulum
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Urge urinary incontinence
-Procedures offered: Robotic ureteral reimplantation, robotic vesicovaginal fistula repairs, martius flaps, urethroplasty, robotic sacral colpopexy, colpoclesis, autologous slings, botox, interstim/sacral neuromodulation, tibial nerve stimulator.
Male Urologic Reconstruction:
- Specialize in:
- Urinary incontinence
- Urethral stricture disease
- Urethral dysfunction from pelvic trauma
- Radiation related complications
- Traumatic urethral injuries
- Treatments available: Artificial sphincters, advanced sling, urethroplasty one stage/multiple stages, buccal urethroplasty
Complicated Stone Disease Clinic:
- Stone management in:
- Morbidly obese
- Anatomic anomalies
- Staghorn stones
- Caliceal diverticuli
- Infundibular stenosis
- Stones secondary to UPJ obstruction or ureteral strictures
- Horseshoe Kidney
- Pelvic Kidney
- Malrotated Kidney
- Treatments available: ESWL, ureteroscopy, percutaneous nephrolithotomy (tubeless), robotic pyelolithotomy, robotic ureterolithotomy, robotic pyeloplasty.
Robotics and Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Robotic ureteral reimplant
- Robotic sacral colpopexy
- Robotic vesicovaginal fistula
Department of Urology
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- University of Oklahoma - Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering
- American Board of Urology
- American Board of Urology - Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center