Academy of Teaching Scholars Dewayne Andrews, MD
Excellence in Teaching Award
This award was created to recognize extraordinary Oklahoma City and Tulsa faculty based on objective excellence and peer selection. We hope to recognize those who not only teach often, but who teach well. The awards are presented at the yearly ATS Education Day Reception. Recipients will receive a plaque and a cash prize.
- Basic Science eligibility is determined by MedHub lecture evaluation data as well as lecture data from the Hippocrates Calendar.
- Clinical and GME nominations require a one page letter with supportive documentation.
Email to AcademyofTeachingScholars@ouhsc.edu on or by August 1st.
- Recipients of other campus teaching awards are not eligible during that calendar year.
- This award can be won only once every three years.
Academy of Teaching Scholars Grants Program
The Academy of Teaching Scholars grant awards are intended to promote collaboration and synergy among faculty and to strongly encourage educational research relationships between departments, within the college to foster research and scholarship in medical education, and to promote skill acquisition in the area of teaching and learning.
Under the guidance of the Academy of Teaching Scholars, Grant Program will support:
- Expanding medical education research activity leading to increased extramural support for medical education research.
- Elevating the visibility and reputation of College of Medicine faculty for teaching excellence and scholarly accomplishment
- Strengthening educational offerings by providing teaching faculty with opportunities to participate in educational research, scholarship, faculty development, and creative activity
- Stimulating the intellectual environment at The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- All faculty in the College of Medicine may submit proposals for Academy of Teaching Scholars Grant by February 28, 5:00p.m. to email@example.com or via campus mail to the Office of Medical Education, BSEB 115.
- To apply for a grant, click here.
The Recognition and Awards Committee pursues innovative proposals for a variety of different types of educational grants, recognitions, and awards. Currently, the Academy of Teaching Scholars has enacted a Grant Program.