Academy of Teaching Scholars Dewayne Andrews, MD Excellence in Teaching Award
This award was created to recognize extraordinary Oklahoma City and Tulsa faculty based on objective excellence and peer selection. We hope to recognize those who not only teach often, but who teach well. The awards are presented at the yearly ATS Education Day Reception. Recipients will receive a plaque and a cash prize.
- Recipients must hold a faculty appointment in the College of Medicine (OKC) or the School of Community Medicine (Tulsa)
- Recipients of other campus teaching awards are not eligible during that calendar year
- This award can be won only once every three years
- Physician Associate faculty who teach PA students
- Pre-Clinical faculty who teach MSI and MSII
- Clinical faculty who teach MS III and MSIV
- GME faculty who teach residents and fellows
Physician Associate nominations can come from department chairs, the PA program director and PA program course directors
MD Program Pre-Clinical Course nominations can come from department chairs and pre-clinical course directors
MD Program Clinical Clerkship nominations can come from department chairs, section chiefs and clerkship directors.
GME nominations can come from department chairs, residency and fellowship program directors, section chiefs and the Office of Graduate Medical Education.
PA, Pre-Clinical, Clinical
Evaluation is based on qualitative and quantitative evidence of excellence in teaching. Selection committee will emphasize quality and quantity of teaching
Evidence of excellence in teaching can be displayed through having won departmental teaching awards, developing innovative curriculum, or evaluation scores and comments