Medical Radiological Physics Graduate Program
- BS, Physics, The University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- MS, Physics, The University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- MA, Physics, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Ph.D., Medical Physics, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan
American Board of Radiology - Therapy.
- Residency in Medical Physics, Scott and White Hospital/Texas A&M Health Sciences Center, Texas
- Post-Doctoral Fellow in Medical Physics, University of California, San Fransisco, California
- Kil WJ, Pham T, Hossain S, Casaigne J, Jones K, Khalil M. The impact of continuous positive airway pressure on radiation dose to heart and lung during left-sided postmastectomy radiotherapy when deep inspiration breath hold technique is not applicable: a case report. Radiat Oncol J. 2018 Mar;36(1):79-84
- E. Kendall, O. Algan, I. Ali, S. Ahmad, J. Arntzen, S. Hossain, Comparison of Single and Multiple Isocenter Stereotactic Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy Plans With at Least 4 Brain Tumors, International Journal of Radiation Oncology*Biology*Physics, Volume 96, Issue 2, Supplement, 2016, Pages E683-E684
- Sabbir Hossain, Mohammad R. Islam, Gabriel Lee, Christine Higby, Salahuddin Ahmad, Ozer Algan, Comparison of volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT) and intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) plannings for the treatment of left sided breast and regional lymphatic tissue, AIP Conference Proceedings, 2016
- Keeling V, Hossain S, Jin H, Algan O, Ahmad S, Ali I., Quantitative evaluation of patient setup uncertainty of stereotactic radiotherapy with the frameless 6D ExacTrac system using statistical modeling. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2016 May 8;17(3):111-127
- Keeling V, Algan O, Ahmad S, Hossain S. Dosimetric comparison of intracranial metastasis treatment using two radiosurgery systems: TrueBeam STx with VMAT and Gamma Knife Model 4C. J Radiosurg SBRT. 2016;4(3):235-243.
- Dong P, Hossain S, Keeling V, Ahmad S, Xing L, Ma L. Minimizing normal tissue dose spillage via broad-range optimization of hundreds of intensity modulated beams for treating multiple brain targets. J Radiosurg SBRT. 2016;4(2):107-115.
- Hossain S, Keeling V, Hildebrand K, Ahmad S, Larson DA, Sahgal A, Ma L. Normal Brain Sparing With Increasing Number of Beams and Isocenters in Volumetric-Modulated Arc Beam Radiosurgery of Multiple Brain Metastases. Technol. Cancer Res Treat. 2016 Dec;15(6):766-771. Epub 2015 Nov 22.
- I. Ali, S. Ahmad, S. Hossain, O. Algan, Quantitative Evaluation of Gross Tumor Volume Variations as a Measure of Tumor Response in Non-Small Cell Lung Carcinoma, International Journal of Radiation Oncology*Biology*Physics, Volume 93, Issue 3, Supplement, 2015, Page E447
- Algan O, Giem J, Young J, Ali I, Ahmad S, Hossain S. Comparison of doses received by the hippocampus in patients treated with single isocenter- vs multiple isocenter-based stereotactic radiation therapy to the brain for multiple brain metastases. Med. Dosim. 2015 Winter; 40(4):314-7
- J. Giem, O. Algan, J. Young, I. Ali, S. Ahmad, S. Hossain, Evaluation of Treatment Plan Quality of Single and Multiple Isocenter Stereotactic IMRT for Multiple Intracranial Tumors, International Journal of Radiation Oncology*Biology*Physics, Volume 90, Issue 1, Supplement, 2014, Page S325,
- J.S. Chang, A. Perez-Andujar, S. Hossain, C. Higby, S. Ahmad, I.J. Barani, D.A. Larson, L. Ma, Estimation of the Incident Probability of Brain Metastases in Hippocampal-Sparing Whole-Brain Radiation, International Journal of Radiation Oncology*Biology*Physics, Volume 90, Issue 1, Supplement, 2014, Page S332
- Ma L, Nichol A, Hossain S, Wang B, Petti P, Vellani R, Higby C, Ahmad S, Barani I, Shrieve DC, Larson DA, Sahgal A, Variable dose interplay effects across radiosurgical apparatus in treating multiple brain metastases Int J Comput Assist Radiol Surg. 2014 Nov;9(6):1079-86. doi: 10.1007/s11548-014-1001-4. Epub 2014 Apr 20.
- S Hossain, P Xia, K Huang, M Descovich, C Chuang, A R Gottschalk, M Roach III, and L Ma, Dose Gradient near Target and Normal Structure Interface for Non-isocentric CyberKnife and Isocentric Intensity-modulated Body Radiotherapy of Prostate Cancer, Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 78 (1), 58- 63, (2010).
- L Ma, A Sahgal, C Chuang, S Hossain, P Petti, D A. Larson, & D C. Shrieve, Comparisons of Novalis and Cyberknife Spine Radiosurgery Treatment Planning Based on Physical and Biological Modeling Parameters, Radiosurgery, Karger, vol 7, pp 366–377 (2010).
- L Ma, A Sahgal, S Hossain, C Chuang, M Descovich, K Huang, A R Gottschalk, and D A Larson, Non-Random Intrafraction Target Motions and Strategy of Correction for Spine Radiosurgery, Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 75 (4), 1261-65, (2009).
- S Hossain, P Xia, C Chuang, L Verhey, A R Gottschalk, G Mu, and L Ma, Simulated Real Time Image Guided Intra-Fraction Tracking-Delivery for Hypofractionated Prostate IMRT, Med. Phys. 35 (9) 4041-48 (2008).
- Y Xie, D Djajaputra, C R. King, S Hossain, L Ma, L Xing, Intrafractional Motion of the Prostate During Hypofractionated Radiotherapy, Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 72 (1) 236-246, (2008).