Cardiac Vascular Intensive Care Unit
The CVICU is part of the Children’s Heart Center at OU Medical Center, which is the only comprehensive congenital heart center in the state of Oklahoma.The CVICU is currently a13 bed unit with plans to expand to a newly renovated 25 bed unit in 2021.Patients are admitted to the CVICU with congenital heart disease, cardiac rhythm disturbances and other cardiac diseases.
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT)
- High frequency oscillatory ventilation (HFOV)
- Care of the pediatric patient after cardiopulmonary bypass
- Hearts at home program prepares families for the transition to home
- Child life specialist provide developmentally appropriate support