The OUHSC Laboratory Genetics and Genomics Fellowship Program is not currently accepting applications.
Laboratory Training Application Process
Applicants applying to OUHSC’s ABMGG accredited Clinical Laboratory Training Program should provide the following:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of reference addressed to the Program Director, and sent c/o Program Coordinator
- One letter should be from the Director of a prior training program
- Verification of Credentials letter from ABMGG, for candidates with doctoral degree (MD or PhD) from an institution outside of the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico, instructions found here.
- TOEFL Score Report, if applicable. An applicant whose native language is not English is required to demonstrate English proficienc by submitting a minimum score of 79 on the TOEFL iBT®.
- International graduates should include relevant visa status
Applications will not be considered complete until all information is received. Applications are reviewed by the program director/admissions committee. Interviews will be arranged for competitive candidates.
Application materials should be sent to:
Shibo Li, MD
c/o Trista Hoehne
OUHSC/Section of Genetics
1200 Children’s Ave, Suite 12100
Oklahoma City, OK, 73104
Complete applications should be submitted by November 1st for training starting the following July 1st. (For example, applications for July 2020 are due by November 1, 2019.)
In order to be considered for entry into any of the AMBGG Laboratory Training programs, you must hold a valid M.D. or Ph.D. degree and have experience in genetics, human genetics, or a related field.
Funding is not guaranteed for our training positions. Trainees are encouraged to seek funding from extramural sources (private grants or postdoctoral fellowships).
Transition from AMBGG to ACGME accreditation
The ACGME and the Review Committee for Medical Genetics and Genomics recently agreed to assume accreditation responsibilities from the American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ABMGG) for the laboratory fellowships in clinical biochemical genetics and laboratory genetics and genomics. More information on the ACGME website.