The PICU provides support for children with life threatening illnesses or injuries who require life support or intensive monitoring.The PICU is a new, 34 bed state- of- the-art unit that opened in July 2019.The PICU offers a family centered approach to care, which includes private family spaces in each patient room.
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT)
- High frequency oscillatory ventilation (HFOV)
- Level 1 trauma services
- Bariatric rooms capable of providing care for obese patients
- 24/7 rapid response team
- Child life specialist provide developmentally appropriate support to children