- MD degree from University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in 2011
- MS degree in Physiology from University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in 2016
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Case Western Reserve University-MetroHealth Medical Center/Cleveland Clinic Foundation 2011-2015
- Fellowship in Maternal-Fetal Medicine at University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center 2015-2018
Areas of Clinical Interest
- Maternal obesity
- Maternal diabetes
- Maternal substance use disorders
- Substance use disorders and pregnancy
- Maternal metabolic disease and pregnancy (e.g. obesity, diabetes)
Select Honors & Accomplishments:
- Alpha Omega Alpha, elected 2011
- MetroHealth Medical Center Resident Maternal-Fetal Medicine Award, 2015
- Cleveland Society of OB/GYN Research Day, Maternal-Fetal Medicine second place award, 2015
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine Faculty Teaching Award, 2016-2020
- Zantow E, Bryant S, Pierce S, DuBois M, Maxted M, and Porter B. Prenatal diagnosis of middle interhemispheric variant of holoprosencephaly: Report of two cases. J Clin Ultrasound 2021 Feb 8 (online ahead of print).
- Wolfs D, Lynes M, Tseng Y, Pierce S, Bussberg V, Darkwah A, Tolstikov V, Narain N, Kiebish M, Demerath E, Fields D, and Isganaitis E. Brown fat-activating lipokine 12,13-diHOME in human milk is associated with infant adiposity. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 2021; Jan 23;106 (2):e943 e956
- Heck JL, Jones EJ, Bohn D, McCage S, Goforth Parker J, Parker M, Pierce S, and Campbell J. Maternal mortality among American Indian/Alaska Native Women: A scoping review. J of Women’s Health 2021 Feb;30(2):220-229.
- Nadeau H, Maxted M, Madhavan D, Pierce S, Feghali M, and Scifres C. Insulin dosing, glycemic control, and perinatal outcomes in pregnancies complicated by type-2 diabetes. Am J Perinatol Sept 2020.
- Pierce S, Maxted M, Peck J, Lutz J, Lopez-Davila M, Vieira F, Atchley C, and Edwards RK. Impact of a policy to deliver at 39 weeks for the indication of class III obesity. Obesity 2020 March 28(3):563-569.
- Pierce S, Shibib D, Robison D, and Edwards RK. A case of maternal sepsis and fetal demise associated with Streptococcus pseudopocinus. Case Rep Obstet Gynecol 2019; article ID 4309191, 3 pages.
- Scifres CM, Mead-Harvey C, Nadeau H, Reid S, Pierce S, Feghali M, Myers D, Fields D, and Stoner JA. Intensive glycemic control in gestational diabetes mellitus: A randomized controlled clinical feasibility trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM November 2019.
- Pierce S, Zantow EW, Phillips SD, Williams M. Methamphetamine-Associated Cardiomyopathy in Pregnancy: A case series. Mayo Clin Proc. 2019 March;94(3):551-554.
- Pierce S, Bakker R, Myers DA, Edwards RK. Clinical insights for cervical ripening and labor induction using prostaglandins. AJP Rep 2018; 8:e307-e314.
- Pierce S, Roberson AE, Hyatt K, Singleton K, Deschamps D, and Myers DA. Interaction between progesterone and interleukin-1b in modulating progesterone receptor expression and the inflammatory phenotype in human cervical fibroblasts. Reproductive Sciences. 2018 April;25(4):598-608.
- Bakker R, Pierce S, and Myers DA. The role of prostaglandins E1 and E2, dinoprostone, and misoprostol in cervical ripening: A mechanistic approach. Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics. 2017 Aug;296(2):167-179.