- MD degree from University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in 2011
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Case Western Reserve University-MetroHealth Medical Center/Cleveland Clinic Foundation 2011-2015
- MS degree in Physiology from University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in 2016
Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Case Western Reserve University-MetroHealth Medical Center/Cleveland Clinic Foundation 2011-2015
- Prenatal ultrasound and diagnostics
- Maternal medical complications
- Maternal substance use disorders
- Inflammation and labor
- Obesity and pregnancy
Select Honors & Accomplishments:
- Alpha Omega Alpha, elected 2011
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine Faculty Teaching Award, 2017
- MetroHealth Medical Center Resident Maternal-Fetal Medicine Award, 2015
- Cleveland Society of OB/GYN Research Day, Maternal-Fetal Medicine second place award, 2015
Pierce S, Bakker R, Myers DA, Edwards RK. Clinical insights for cervical ripening and labor induction using prostaglandins. AJP Rep 2018; 8:e307-e314.
Pierce S, Zantow EW, Phillips SD, Williams M. Methamphetamine-Associated Cardiomyopathy in Pregnancy: A case series. Mayo Clin Proc. 2019 March;94(3):551-554.
Pierce S, Roberson AE, Hyatt K, Singleton K, Deschamps D, and Myers DA. Interaction between progesterone and interleukin-1b in modulating progesterone receptor expression and the inflammatory phenotype in human cervical fibroblasts. Reproductive Sciences. 2018 April;25(4):598-608.
Bakker R, Pierce S, and Myers DA. The role of prostaglandins E1 and E2, dinoprostone, and misoprostol in cervical ripening: A mechanistic approach. Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics. 2017 Aug;296(2):167-179.
Pierce S, Arora KS. From impatience to empathy. Narrative Inquiry in Bioethics. 2015 Spring;5(1):19-20.
Pierce S, Waters T. A review of common congenital anomalies of the kidneys and urinary tract: From antenatal diagnosis to postnatal follow up. Journal of Clinical Pediatric Nephrology. 2014;2(4).