APPLY ONLINE -- Deadline is December 31st, in the year prior to admission
Application fee: $75.00
Submitting Official Transcripts
Official transcripts should be submitted directly to:
- Electronic copies: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hard copies: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Office of Admissions & Records
PO Box 26901, LIB-121
Oklahoma City, OK 73126
Letters of Recommendation, CV/Resume and Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation should be addressed to:
Erin Youngs, MS, CGC
MSGC Program Director
Recommenders should submit signed letters, on institution letterhead, via the OUHSC online application system
- CV/Resume and Personal Statement
Both can be emailed directly to email@example.com
(Please include your full name in the subject line)
Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Institution code = 6902 / Program code = 5199
The application deadline is December 31st. Emails offering interviews are generally sent 2-3 weeks following application close. Please ensure you have provided us with your most current email address.
Genetic Counseling Admissions Match
The Masters of Science in Genetic Counseling Program at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center is participating in the Genetic Counseling Admissions Match through National Matching Services (NMS) beginning with admissions for Fall 2018. The GC Admissions Match has been established to enhance the process of placing applicants into positions in masters-level genetic counseling programs that are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling (ACGC). The Match uses a process that takes into account both applicants’ and programs’ preferences. All applicants must first register for the Match with NMS before applying to participating genetic counseling graduate programs. At the conclusion of all program interviews, both applicants and programs will submit ranked lists of preferred placements to NMS according to deadlines posted on the NMS website. The binding results of the Match will be released to both applicants and programs simultaneously in late April.
Please visit the NMS website at (https://natmatch.com/gcadmissions) to register for the match, review detailed information about the matching process, and to view a demonstration of how the matching algorithm works.
National Match System (NMS) Program/Track
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center—13210
The Association of Genetic Counseling Program Directors has established a waiver for the $100 fee associated with the NMS Match. Prospective students who demonstrate financial need AND have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater can apply for a match fee waiver. Prospective students should apply for a fee waiver BEFORE registering for an NMS number.
Applications for the match fee waiver are due by October 5, 2022. Applicants will be notified on October 26, 2022 as to whether they have received a waiver. There are a limited number of waivers, so not all applicants will receive a waiver. Instructions for how to register for the NMS match will be provided to those who receive a waiver.
Waivers are non-transferable to future match cycles or other prospective students. Prospective students who are applying for a match fee waiver will be required to write a short essay and to upload at least one of the following documents demonstrating financial need:
1. A copy of a letter verifying unemployment benefits received within the past two years.
2. A copy of a letter on official letterhead from a government agency verifying that you or your family have qualified for public assistance based on low income criteria anytime within the past 5 years
3. A copy of your financial aid award letter from another / previous institution dated within 5 the past years
4. A copy of your approved GRE fee waiver (for tests taken within 5 years of the application deadline)
5. A copy of your federal Student Aid Report (SAR) that verifies you qualified for financial aid within the past 5 years based on a family contribution* of:
o Not more than $1,500 if the student is a dependent student
o Not more than $1,900 if the student is an independent student
To apply, click here: https://natmatch.com/gcadmissions/applicants/register.html