The University Of Oklahoma Department Of Anesthesiology offers a one-year ACGME-accredited fellowship in Pediatric Anesthesiology. The Children's Hospital at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center is the only children's hospital in the state of Oklahoma, and we care for a large and diverse patient population.
We offer a comprehensive program designed to prepare the fellow to be a consultant in pediatric anesthesiology and perioperative management for children of all ages. The fellow will participate in a wide spectrum of clinical cases, procedures and techniques. Perioperative care and pain management are provided for neonates through adolescents, for cardiac, neurological, general trauma, ORL, plastic and reconstructive, urologic, orthopedic, oro-maxillo-facial and dental procedures. We are the only children's hospital for the state.
Experience with pediatric intensive care, cardiac critical care, perioperative echocardiography, acute and chronic pain management including regional anesthesia with ultrasound guidance, and opportunities for clinical investigation are part of our comprehensive curriculum. Weekly didactic lectures by faculty enhance the educational experience and prepare the fellow for the pediatric anesthesiology subspecialty certification exam. Exposure to the economic and legal aspects of independent practice, medical simulation and participation in the annual anesthesia review course sponsored by the department is provided. Fellow participation in academic activities, such as research and quality assurance is strongly encouraged and supported wuth non-clinical time.
All of our faculty members are fellowship-trained in pediatric anesthesia and have diverse interests including education, cardiac anesthesia, acute and chronic pain management, business administration, regional anesthesia and clinical research.
Joseph M. Sisk, MD - Program Director, Pediatric Anesthesia Fellowship
Victoria Elwell, MD - Assistant Program Director, Pediatric Anesthesia Fellowship
- Vivek Angadi, MD- Assistant Professor
- Michael Bernell, MD- Assistant Professor
- Jennifer Bradford, MD- Assistant Professor
- Suanne Daves, MD - Medical Director, Pediatric Cardiovascular Anesthesia
- Alberto J. de Armendi, MD, AM, MBA - Professor
- Cassandra Duncan-Azadi, MD - Assistant Professor
- Rebecca Drinkaus, MD- Assistant Professor
- James Eiszner, MD - Assistant Professor
- Jim Eiszner, MD- Assistant Professor
- Andrew Gruel, MD- Assistant Professor
- Anjana Lal, MD- Assistant Professor
- Sathish Ramanathan, MD - Assistant Professor
- Randall Schwartz, MD - Assistant Professor
- Paul Sheeran, MD- Assistant Professor
- Kamilah Shy, MD - Assistant Professor
- Hamid Reza Vahabzadeh-Monshie, MD Assistant Professor
- Michael Vollers, MD - Professor, Chief - Section of Pediatric Anesthesia
Department Benefits for the Pediatric Anesthesia Fellow
Salary (2020-2021) $65,288+
Medical license application fee reimbursement
Medical license renewal fee reimbursement
Individual health and dental insurance (family coverage may be purchased at group rate)
Group Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance
Long-term Disability insurance
2 monogrammed lab coats and laundry service
Discretionary fund for educational use
Oklahoma Society of Anesthesiologists membership (courtesy of OSA)
Membership to the American Society of Anesthesiologists
Discretionary account - $750 per year
24-hour computer access on campus
Library services at the Robert M. Bird Medical Library
15 days vacation each year
Up to 5 days professional leave (with good academic standing)
Up to 15 days sick leave/year
Application process via ERAS. Click link for more information about Pediatric Anesthesia Fellowship Match Process.