Caregiving burden, Child Maltreatment, Medical Home for Neonate, Neonatology Follow-up, Neonatal Sepsis, Congenital Alveolar Dysplasia, Late Preterm Infants, Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy, Neonatal Radiology, Patient Communication, Continuing Medical Education, Blood Transfusion, Exchange Transfusion, Transfusion Related Acute Gut Injury (TRAGI or TANEC), Global Health (Neonatal Resuscitation) etc.
Languages Spoken: English, Telugu
Fun Fact: "2019 I was in the Top 10 of Oklahoma Desi (Indian) Karaoke Competition & in 2022 I won the Appreciation and Recognition Award and was one of the on-site judges for the International Desi (Indian) Karaoke Competition."
Andhra Medical College, India MB, BS - 1970
Internship: Flexible/Rotating at King George Hospital, India - 1971
Dissertation in Internal Medicine Residency: Govt. General Hospital, Cardioversion and Management of Tachyarrythmias - 1975
Pediatric Residency: Mercy Hospital and Medical Center, University of Illinois Hospital, Chicago, IL - 1981
Neonatal-Perinatal Fellowship: Children's Hospital of Michigan and Hutzel Hospital, Wayne State University - 1986
Board Certified in Pediatrics
Board Certified in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Currently- Completed a study of Heavy Metal and Nicotine metabolites (Cotinine) levels in donor blood
Caregiving Burden and Child Maltreatment
Effect of Maternal smoking on Placental membranes
Medical Home for Neonates
Neonatal Resuscitation workshops as per the request and sponsorship of the Government of Andhra Pradesh, India
Multiple Case reports
Multiple Academic Peer Review Journal manuscript Reviewer
Select Honors & Accomplishments:
2018, 2022 - Appreciation and Recognition Awards, Andhra Medical College Alumni of North America (AMCANA) Course Director of CME
2018 - Appreciation and Award- Service to AMC and AMC CAB project
2017 - Faculty of the Month, Block 6, 2016- 2017, OU Pediatric Residents
2016 - Certificate of Appreciation, 14th Annual AMA Research Symposium, American Medical Association (AMA).
2014, 2015 - Honor and Recognition, Central Oklahoma Fetal and Infant Mortality Review Committee
2014 - CATCH Planning Grant Completion, American Academy of Pediatrics
2014 - Organ, Eye, and Tissue Donation Champion Award, OU Medical Center and Children’s Hospital
2014 - Award of Excellence- Best Poster (mentor), University of Oklahoma College of Nursing (Received)
- Nandyal, R. R. (2022). Congenital Pulmonary Lymphangiectasia impersonating pulmonary interstitial emphysema. International Journal of Case Reports, 6(IJCR (2022) 6:273), 7.
- Nandyal, R. R. (2022). Transit Sound Levels from the Delivery Room to the Neonatal Unit. Lupine Publishers- Research and Reviews on Healthcare, 7(4), 3. DOI: 10.32474/RRHOAJ.2022.07.000267
- Nandyal, R. R. (2020). Neonatal Organ and Tissue Donation for Research: Options Following Death by Natural Causes. Cell Tissue Bank. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10561-020-09822-7
- Nandyal, R. R. (2019). Neonate with 10q Interstitial Deletion within the Long Arm of Chromosome 10- A Case Report and Literature Review. International Journal of Case Reports, 4:106(1), 1- 10.
- Nandyal, R. R. (2018). Neonatal exchange transfusion (NET) – what is its current net value? Journal of Blood Disorders and Treatment, 1(1), 9-13.