Fellows rotate through two training site hospitals - OU Medical Center and the Oklahoma City VA Medical Center.
The hospitals are adjacent geographically and connected by skywalk. On average fellows spend 50% of their time rotating through each site.
Both OU Medical Center and VA Medical Center offer a comprehensive spectrum of cardiovascular services including:
- Acute coronary care
- In-house primary PCI for ST Elevation MI
- Cardiac catheterization laboratories
- Echocardiography laboratories (including TEE and stress echocardiography)
- Nuclear cardiology services
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Device implantation (Pacemaker, ICD and CRT)
- Cardiac rehabilitation
Additionally, OU Medical Center has EP and Ablation laboratories and Pediatric Cardiology services.